Audience

In order to find out about peoples viewing habits, and their opinions of the Film Noir genre, I devised a questionnaire and handed it out to a random selection of people at college. This would help me target my audience more efficiently, and be able to produce something they would enjoy. This is the questionnaire:



From the results I got back off approximately 30 people of mixed gender and age, I concluded that:

  • My target audience watches roughly 3 - 5 films a week
  • They enjoy a variety of film, but tend to favour styles such as comedy, action and horror, because of entertainment reasons. 
  • Only a minority of people interviewed were familiar with film noir, but those who were had much praise for it.
  • They expect a good noir to be stylish, with a good script and acting, be shot in black and white, and be dark in tone.
  • They find out about film releases from a wide range of media, such as magazines, tv, and the internet. Another popular source is word of mouth from friends and family. This will help me in my marketing and distribution strategy. 
  • A lot of people asked said they watch film online, and at a combination of large multiplex cinemas and smaller arthouses.

No comments:

Post a Comment