Filming

Today, I went out and filmed my film. Fortuantly, everything went to plan. I hope so anyway, i have yet to watch the footage back yet to check for unforeseen complications or errors. Everyone turned up on time, in correct costume, ready to film. However, as there are 4 characters, and only 2 of them are played by people associated with drama or acting in their spare time. This means that the scene with myself and Rub might look amateur and poorly acted. To begin with, Rob was supposed to play the main gangster crime boss, but he couldn't remember his few lines, so we swapped roles. This meant I am in the film more than i was expected, and more than I would of liked to be. Having to look at myself and listen to myself will make editing a more horrific task than it needs to be. I filmed the outdoor scenes first to take full advantage of the light, as the days are short, so outdoor filming hours are reduced. Thankfully, Film Noir is renowned for being dark so the slightly dark scenes will not be a problem. For the indoor scenes, lighting was done with a large, but portable, lamp that we carried around from room to room when necessary. The lamp allowed full flexibility of lighting, as I could position it in any way to fit with what effect i was after. This came in particularly useful in the shadow stabbing scene.



                                                                        The "Gangsters"
                                                            
                                                        Obligatory "hard at work" photo
      
                                                            The bridge where the meeting occurs.

                                                                     The detectives!

A murder...

                                                                  Investigating a murder.
                                                          A photo of the filming! Artsy!

No comments:

Post a Comment